ABOUT SHARON LECTHER.
Sharon is an entrepreneur, best-selling author, philanthropist, international speaker, mentor, licensed CPA and a Chartered Global Management Accountant. Her numerous affiliations surround her passion for education and financial literacy.
Influencing corporations, entrepreneurs, organizations, families, and individuals to achieve their financial and entrepreneurial goals and do it responsibly is at the core of who Sharon is.
SPEAKER, WRITER, AND MENTOR
Sharon is a sought after speaker, writer and mentor, and has worked with some of the world’s largest brands to accelerate impact. In cooperation with the American Institute of CPA’s, Sharon released Save Wisely, Spend Happily. And with the Napoleon Hill Foundation, she released three block buster books including:
- Think and Grow Rich-Three Feet from Gold
- Outwitting the Devil
- Think and Grow Rich for Women
As CEO of Rich Dad for over 10 years, and co-author of the international bestseller Rich Dad Poor Dad, along with 14 other books in the Rich Dad series, she grew this brand into an international phenomenon. Before leading the Rich Dad company, she was instrumental in the electronic book industry to a multi-million dollar international market. And as CEO of Pay Your Family First, she has dedicated entrepreneurial efforts to the creation and distribution of financial education books, games, curriculums, and other experiential learning projects.
Everything about Sharon’s career centers around impacting others to improve their financial IQ and access untapped potential personally and in business. A committed philanthropist, by giving back to world communities both as a benefactor and a volunteer, she has amplified her influence significantly and been honored with numerous high visibility awards.
Sharon is an “always on the go” woman, and loves spending time with family and friends. She lives in Paradise Valley, AZ. with her husband and business partner, Michael Lechter, a powerhouse in the area of Intellectual Property, Organizational Architecture, and Publishing. Together they especially like to get away to their dude ranch, Cherry Creek Lodge, where they can get “off the grid”…. Literally….and get re-charged for their next adventure.
GLOBAL LEADERSHIP AND ADVOCACY
In addition to being the driving force behind building several multi-million dollar global brands, Sharon is recognized internationally as an expert on many topics, including personal finance, entrepreneurship, publishing and leadership, and has spoken to audiences all over the United States and the world, including China, Ghana, Uganda, United Kingdom, Japan, Brazil, and Ireland.
A member of the first President’s Advisory Council on Financial Literacy, Sharon served both President Bush and President Obama, advising them on the need for financial literacy in America as well as advocating for America’s support of financial literacy education internationally. Her impact has been across cultural and political barriers. A few areas of her influence include:
- National spokesperson on the topic of financial education for the CPA Financial Literacy Commission
- Chief Abundance Officer of Empowering a Billion Women by 2020 (EBW2020)
- National Board of Childhelp
- Instructor for Thunderbird School of Global Management for both its Artemis Program and its partnership with the U.S. Department of State and Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women program
- Director for EmpowHer, America’s largest online portal for Women’s health issues
- Founding member and National Board of Women President’s Organization
- Passage of legislation, requiring that financial literacy remain within economics standards and creating a separate statute for those concepts
- The creation and distribution of award winning financial education books, games and other experiential learning products and programs through Pay Your Family First
HONORS AND AWARDS
Sharon is honored to have been recognized personally with an abundance of high visibility awards, including:
- Personal Growth Hall of Fame Inductee
- The prestigious International Profile Donna Award – Profile Woman
- Financial Educator of the Year – The National Financial Educators Council
- Gift of Wisdom Award – Florida State University’s Women for FSU
- Mary Lehman MacLachlan Economic Empowerment Award – Women President’s Organization
- Habitude Warrior Lifetime Achievement Award- Habitude Warrior International
- Top 25 Dynamic Women in Business – Business Journal
- Woman of the Year – National Bank of Arizona
- Philanthropic Leadership Award for Positively Powerful Women – Business Journal
- Woman of Distinction – the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- Spirit of the Children Award – Childhelp USA
- Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business – Arizona Business Magazine
- Edgewater High School Hall of Fame Inductee
And the journey continues…….